AEE – Institute for Sustainable Technologies (AEE INTEC) is an independent research association which was founded in 1988. Currently over 60 employees from 8 different nations are working at
AEE INTEC. Furthermore, the institute regularly awards dissertations, master theses and internships.
The activities of AEE INTEC include:
- fundamental as well as applied research
- national and international R&D projects
- cooperation with universities, technical colleges, other research facilities and industry
The three major departments of AEE INTEC are “Thermal Energy Technologies and Hybrid Systems”, “Buildings and Renovation” as well as “Industrial Processes and Energy Systems”.
The European research project CREATE (http://www.createproject.eu/) is dedicated to the
development of a seasonal thermochemical energy storage system with high energy storage
densities for covering the heating demands of residential buildings. A seasonal, thermochemical storage is charged in summer with solar energy and discharged in winter for providing space heating and domestic hot water. For this purpose reversible thermochemical reactions are utilized. In
particular, for our purposes (de)hydration reactions of salt (hydrates) are exploited. The developed storage system will be tested in the labs of AEE INTEC.
The aim of the master thesis is to test the performance of a prototype storage module by dedicated experiments and gain knowledge about the thermodynamic behavior of the innovative design and new material used.
Outline of the Master-Thesis’ Research
- Experimental investigation of the prototype storage
- Analysis and evaluation of the test results
- Evaluation of the optimization potential for full scale demonstration system
- Documentation of the results and experiences in the form of a master thesis
- Solution-focused, independent and motivated attitude to work
- Knowledge in the fields of thermal engineering
- Interest in experimental work in the laboratory
- Work on a master-thesis embedded in a current international research-project,
- Supervision by experienced researchers and highly qualified technical support
- Period: Starting now, lasting for 6 months
Contact: Rebekka Köll, phone +43 (0)3112 5886-264, firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Waldemar Wagner, phone +43 (0)3112 5886-660, email@example.com